Pages

Great Homeschool Curriculum

CurrClick

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Computer Free Thursday

We didn't have school yesterday due to sickness.

For Math today, Joshua and I played "store".  I put price tags on his toys and he "bought" them with coins.  It was a lot of fun.  He is still trying to learn the names of the coins.  But, this game seemed to help.  So, we will be playing it again.  We also started talking about measuring.  I introduced a ruler.  He measured things around the house.  We also did estimations about how long things were.  Then, he measured to see how close his estimations were.  

In language Arts, we worked on sequencing and order.  He put pictures in order.  Like pictures of putting on your shoes.  1) find shoes and socks. 2) put socks on.  3) put shoes on.   He read his sight words.  We checked the weather and he put a picture of "sunny" under Thursday on the learning wall
Then, we used magnetic letters and made words on the fridge.   He loves this!



In Bible, he recited his memory verse for the week.  (Luke 1:37)  Later today we are going to read a Bible story from his children's bible.  I usually save that for a bedtime story.  We basically have school all day long.  lol.  I try to not let a learning opportunity pass.  I talk to him about measuring when I am cooking.   We talk about things that float and don't float when he is taking a bath.  And when we go outside I always point out nature to him and give him some facts about it.  He is like a sponge at this age.  He's a lot of fun and hungry for knowledge.  I am so blessed to be able to homeschool him. 

0 comments: